VULTURE: Types and species list of Vultures
Vultures are always underappreciated and misunderstood birds. There may be only 25 vulture species all over world, depending on how much individual species are umped or split by different types of organizations, each one of them also own have own ecological niche. All of these birds can help the people to clean up the environment by eating idle carrion, which prevents the spread of those diseases from old, and rotting carcasses. Those diseases often could affect other birds and some wildlife, including humans beings, and always could impact waterways and soil as well as, contaminating the crops and water sources with harmful bacteria and infections.
If you want to know that how many different vulture bird species? So, read out followings,
There are two main classifications of vultures:
- Old World vultures
- New World vultures
The detail of these are given,
1. Old world vultures
These vultures are always found throughout Europe countries, Asia, and some areas of Africa and it’s belong with the Accipitridae bird family.
They lack a strongest sense of smell but still have a low acute vision to locate favorite food sources by sight.
2. New World vultures
These vultures are often found only in the New World areas of North America and South America.
They have excellent sense of smell, though the high degree they use their own sense of smell among their different species.read about facts of eagles so click
Vultures Species List
- The species list are given below,
- White-rumped vulture (Gyps bengalensis)
- White-backed vulture (Gyps africanus)
- Slender-billed vulture (Gyps tenuirostris)
- Red-headed vulture (Sarcogyps calvus)
- Lesser yellow-headed vulture (Cathartes burrovianus),
- Lammergeier (bearded vulture) (Gypaetus barbatus)
- Indian vulture (Gyps indicus)
- Himalayan vulture (Gyps himalayensis)
- Greater yellow-headed vulture (Cathartes melambrotus), NW
- there are other facts about vultures
- Cinereous vulture (Aegypius monachus)
- California condor (Gymnogyps californianus), NW
- Andean condor (Vultur gryphus), NW
- Turkey vulture (Cathartes aura), NW
- Rüppell’s vulture (Gyps rueppelli)
- Lappet-faced vulture (Torgos tracheliotus)
New World vultures are represented by NW—and all other species name belong to the Old World vulture’s classification.
Did you read Types and species list of Vultures on the way? Which one you are reading—and how it is similar to one of these?
- What do you think about Most Beautiful
vultures in world?
- What would you like differently?
- What other ideas do you think to this list that I may have not mentioned?
Leave a comment below to tell us about your feed back!
Related Topics: If you enjoy this post, then there are some more interesting article are given below for you!