US and other Western nations issue joint statement on Israel’s right to defend itself, obligation to adhere to humanitarian law.
In a unified stance, President Biden and leaders from allied Western nations have expressed their unwavering support for Israel’s right to self-defense while emphasizing the imperative to comply with international humanitarian law. The joint statement, issued on Sunday, addressed the ongoing conflict between Israel and the terrorist organization Hamas.
The leaders, including Prime Minister Trudeau of Canada, President Macron of France, Chancellor Scholz of Germany, Prime Minister Meloni of Italy, and Prime Minister Sunak of the United Kingdom, underscored their solidarity with Israel. Simultaneously, they urged strict adherence to international humanitarian law, particularly concerning the safeguarding of civilians amidst the conflict.
Additionally, the leaders emphasized the urgent need for the immediate release of all remaining hostages. They pledged close coordination to support their nationals in the region, especially those desiring to leave Gaza. The statement also hailed the recent release of two Americans who had been held captive by Hamas.
This declaration comes in the wake of Hamas, a recognized terrorist organization by the U.S., initiating an attack on Israel two weeks ago, resulting in a tragic toll of 1,400 lives lost. In response, Israel launched retaliatory strikes in Gaza, a region controlled by Hamas, leading to the loss of at least 4,385 lives and leaving 13,561 others injured, as reported by the Gaza Health Ministry.
Amidst the turmoil, the leaders celebrated the arrival of the first humanitarian convoys in Gaza, committing to ongoing collaboration with regional partners to ensure sustained and secure access to essential provisions, including food, water, medical care, and other necessary assistance to address humanitarian needs.
For further details, please visit our sources: Quora, Reddit, Medium, Facebook, Celebrity Caster Pinterest, and Uber Gossip News. To enhance your online presence, consider leveraging our services to reach a wider audience.
- Israeli president claims chemical weapons formula found on body of Hamas militant
- Emily Blunt Issues Apology for Insensitive Remark Made 11 Years Ago
- Kim Kardashian Celebrates 43rd Birthday in Beverly Hills with Sisters
- Mick Jagger makes surprise slapstick cameo on ‘SNL’ alongside host Bad Bunny
- Cheney Labels Trump as ‘Single Most Dangerous Threat’ if Reelected
- Imran Khan’s PTI criticises ‘VVIP protocol’, use of govt resources to facilitate Nawaz Sharif’s return to Pakistan
- Tragedy Strikes Detroit Synagogue as President Found Stabbed to Death Outside Home
- Second aid convoy enters Egyptian side of Rafah crossing en route to Gaza
- Israel strikes Gaza, Syria and West Bank as war against Hamas threatens to Start other fronts