Elon Musk Willing To Offer $1 Billion To Wikipedia If It Changes Name To…
Billionaire entrepreneur Elon Musk, known for his Twitter takeover, made a surprising proposition to Wikipedia, offering them $1 billion in exchange for a name change to “Dickipedia.” Musk stated that this move was in the interest of accuracy, sparking a social media storm.
Upon a user’s suggestion that Wikipedia should consider the name change, Musk responded with a condition, “One year minimum. I mean, I’m not a fool lol.” This playful exchange left social media buzzing with speculation.
Musk’s antics on Twitter have been a frequent source of interest. Following his acquisition of Twitter, which he rebranded as “X,” Musk has been actively engaging with users worldwide, regularly intriguing them with his tweets.
In another tweet, Musk shared a screenshot of Wikipedia’s homepage featuring “Wikipedia is not for sale” and “a personal appeal from Jimmy Wales.” Musk questioned the Wikimedia Foundation’s funding needs, highlighting that the entire text of Wikipedia can fit on a phone and wondered about the purpose of the requested funds.
As the conversation unfolded, Musk also inquired if a cow and a poop emoji could be added to his Wikipedia page. His post garnered significant attention, with 9.9 million views and a plethora of likes.
Users responded to the offer with a mix of skepticism and humor. Some expressed concerns about the continuous solicitations for donations by Wikipedia, while others found the situation amusing.
In a previous encounter in May, Wikipedia founder Jimmy Wales criticized Musk for censoring critics of the Turkish president, Recep Tayyip Erdogan, during a contentious election period. Wales contrasted Musk’s actions with Wikipedia’s commitment to free speech and its pushback against censorship in Turkey.
For the full story, visit our sources: Quora, Reddit, Medium, Facebook, Celebrity Caster Pinterest, and Uber Gossip News. Discover how our services can help you boost your online presence and go viral.
- Joint Statement by Western Leaders Affirms Israel’s Right to Defend Itself and Calls for Adherence to Humanitarian Law
- Israeli president claims chemical weapons formula found on body of Hamas militant
- Emily Blunt Issues Apology for Insensitive Remark Made 11 Years Ago
- Kim Kardashian Celebrates 43rd Birthday in Beverly Hills with Sisters
- Mick Jagger makes surprise slapstick cameo on ‘SNL’ alongside host Bad Bunny
- Cheney Labels Trump as ‘Single Most Dangerous Threat’ if Reelected
- Imran Khan’s PTI criticises ‘VVIP protocol’, use of govt resources to facilitate Nawaz Sharif’s return to Pakistan
- Tragedy Strikes Detroit Synagogue as President Found Stabbed to Death Outside Home
- Second aid convoy enters Egyptian side of Rafah crossing en route to Gaza